Anything Else?: Besides Transformers, what else are you a fan of?
Hee! This is a fun one. *wiggles* And for the record, I would love to see/be prompted for/collaborate on crossovers between any of these things. :DDD
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My first fandom, as in “I wanted to date all of them when I was five.”
- Avengers (Marvel Cinematic Universe). I’ve never really been hugely into comics - getting little bits of a story every month, as opposed to books where you get the whole thing, just couldn’t hold my attention - but thanks to scans_daily I was at least passingly familiar with all of the characters. It took the movies to really hook me, though. So now I’m stuck holding my breath for a female-led Marvel movie and that they won’t screw up Spidey again. (Still want a Misty Knight movie, kthx.)
- Sailor Moon. Pretty much my introduction to feminism. Never again would I be satisfied with ‘one girl character who does nothing much’ in my cartoons.
- Power Rangers. I caught a lot of shit for watching this pretty much through middle school. Did I give a shit? I DID NOT. Fuck the haters.
- Final Fantasy VII - my ‘other main fandom.’ Back in my Springkink days I wrote a lot of FF7 fic, and I’m planning on revisiting my postgame-Seph-fixit fic after I’m done with certain poledancing Winnebagos. (Really need to finish Crisis Core one of these days.)
- Final Fantasy IX. I will seriously wave a flag for this game until the day I die. It’s pretty damn near the perfect JRPG. (And I am GOING to LP it with my partner, see if I don’t. I want her reaction to Vivi recorded for posterity.)
- Jem. I barely remember watching the cartoon as a tiny mooglet, but the new comic is all kinds of adorable.
- Star Wars - basically I’m all about the ladies of Star Wars. And making up more of them when canon falls short of scratching that particular itch. (Dear new movie: please don’t suck.)
- Pokemon. I haven’t caught ‘em all, I’ve never participated in a tournament, and I rarely trade - but gdi the worlds are so addictive. I have like four fanchars.
- Bravely Default - I haven’t finished it yet, but through my own fault I’ve been spoilered six ways from Sunday. No big deal, I’ll have everybody’s jobs mastered by the time I’m done. …Also I have Edea as party leader because come on.
- Kingdom Hearts - facilitating all the crossovers! :D Also all the threesomes, apparently. (Please let Kairi be playable in KH3. Or at least give her her own spinoff game for the 3DS which does not suck.)
- RWBY - I’m getting my partner into this. *wicked cackle* It’s actually kind of hard to believe it’s by the same people who did Red Vs. Blue, but there you go. Female-led adventure story ftw!
- Pacific Rim - because who isn't. Anybody else really want to see Raleigh and Mako's post-world-saving Sesame Street appearance?
- Mad Max: Fury Road - are they feminist action movies? Well, yes, in that for once I didn't walk out of the theater feeling like I didn't matter.